Are you looking for recipe inspiration Pandan Cotton Sponge Cake ? How to make it is difficult and easy. If it is wrongly processed, the results will not be satisfactory and it tends to be unpleasant. Whereas Pandan Cotton Sponge Cake What is delicious should have an aroma and taste that can provoke our taste buds.
Many things more or less affect the quality of the taste of Pandan Cotton Sponge Cake, starting from the type of material, then the selection of fresh ingredients, to how to make and serve it. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Pandan Cotton Sponge Cake delicious at home, because as long as you know the trick, this dish can be a special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Pandan Cotton Sponge Cake adalah 1 oval cake pan. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
So, this time, let’s try it, let’s create it Pandan Cotton Sponge Cake home alone. Stick with simple ingredients, this dish can provide benefits in helping to maintain the health of our bodies. you can make Pandan Cotton Sponge Cake use 8 type of material and 13 manufacturing step. Here’s how to make the dish.
Making pandan cotton sponge cake with the extracted juice from whole pandan leaves, the iconic flavor in South East Asia. Feel free to bake this in a small rectangular loaf pan instead. The oval pan used here has a 750 ml capacity.
Ingredients and spices that need to be prepared to make Pandan Cotton Sponge Cake:
- 20 g pandan leaves (3-4 leaves)
- 60 g (4 tbsp) water
- 30 g (2 tbsp) milk
- 40 g (3 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 65 g (1/2 cup) cake flour or low protein wheat flour
- 60 g egg yolks (from 3 large eggs)
- 100 g egg whites (from 3 large eggs)
- 50 g (1/4 cup) granulated white sugar
Steps to make Pandan Cotton Sponge Cake
- Line the bottom of the oval cake pan (21x10x5 cm high) with parchment paper. But do not grease the pan.
- Cut pandan leaves into short strips. Place them into a blender along with the water. Process until all of the leaves are broken down.
- Strain the mixture and press out all of the juice. Discard the solid chunks. Refrigerate the juice overnight (or up to 5 days). The juice will separate into 2 layers: clearer liquid on its top and concentrated extract on its bottom.
- On the next day, slowly pour out and discard the clear liquid. Add milk into the concentrated extract and stir well. Set aside.
- Heat the oil to approximately 158°F (70°C). Remove from heat and quickly whisk the cake flour in.
- Mix in the pandan mixture. Then add egg yolks and mix until the batter is smooth and well-combined. Set aside.
- Beat egg white until frothy with an electric mixer running at high speed.
- Gradually add sugar as you mix. Continue beating until it reaches a stiff peak stage.
- Mix in 1/3 of beaten egg white into the cake batter using a spatula or a hand whisk. Then add another 1/3 of egg white. From here on, we want to gently combine the mixture. Be careful not to deflate the batter. The air inside this fluffy meringue is the key component of a fluffy cake. Mix just until no white streaks are seen.
- Add the remaining egg white. Mix again just until combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan. Swirl the batter with a wooden stick to remove any big bubbles inside. Tap the pan twice onto the counter to further remove air bubbles. Place the pan inside another larger pan. Fill the larger pan with hot water halfway up the height of cake batter.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 300°F (150°C) for 55-65 minutes. Once baked, immediately remove from the water bath and drop the cake pan 2 times onto the counter. Let it cool for 5 minutes or until the cake comes away from the pan. Then invert the cake pan to unmold the cake. Let cool completely.
How ? It’s easy? That’s how to make Pandan Cotton Sponge Cake which you can practice at home. Hopefully useful and good luck!