Are you looking for recipe inspiration German Chocolate Cake ? How to make it is difficult and easy. If it is wrongly processed, the results will not be satisfactory and it tends to be unpleasant. Whereas German Chocolate Cake What is delicious should have an aroma and taste that can provoke our taste buds.
Many things more or less affect the quality of the taste of German Chocolate Cake, starting from the type of material, then the selection of fresh ingredients, to how to make and serve it. Don’t worry if you want to prepare German Chocolate Cake delicious at home, because as long as you know the trick, this dish can be a special treat.
So, this time, let’s try it, let’s create it German Chocolate Cake home alone. Stick with simple ingredients, this dish can provide benefits in helping to maintain the health of our bodies. you can make German Chocolate Cake use 10 type of material and 6 manufacturing step. Here’s how to make the dish.
Found this recipe on Southern Living I wanted to try it and it was a hit. I did 2 layers vs. 3. I will create a separate post for the homemade frosting.
Ingredients and spices that need to be prepared to make German Chocolate Cake:
- Parchment paper
- 2 (4 oz.) packages German sweet chocolate baking bars*
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, seperated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
Steps to make German Chocolate Cake
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease 3 (9-inch) round cake pans; line bottoms with parchment paper, and lightly grease paper. I placed the pan on the parchment paper and cut around it.
- Microwave chocolate baking bars and 1/2 cup water in a large microwave-safe bowl at HIGH for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until chocolate is melted and smooth, stirring once halfway through.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt ingredient's in a medium bowl. I sifted my ingredients together.
- Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add egg yolks, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Stir in chocolate mixture and vanilla. Add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition.
- Beat egg whites at high speed until stiff peaks form; gently fold into batter. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven, and gently run a knife around outer edge of cake layers to loosen from sides of pans. Cool in pans on wire racks 15 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks; discard parchment paper. Cool completely (about 1 hour). Spread Coconut-Pecan Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake. Garnish, if desired. (See separate post)
How ? It’s easy? That’s how to make German Chocolate Cake which you can practice at home. Hopefully useful and good luck!