Are you looking for recipe inspiration Castella Cake or Soft Sponge Cake ? How to make it is difficult and easy. If it is wrongly processed, the results will not be satisfactory and it tends to be unpleasant. Whereas Castella Cake or Soft Sponge Cake What is delicious should have an aroma and taste that can provoke our taste buds.
Many things more or less affect the quality of the taste of Castella Cake or Soft Sponge Cake, starting from the type of material, then the selection of fresh ingredients, to how to make and serve it. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Castella Cake or Soft Sponge Cake delicious at home, because as long as you know the trick, this dish can be a special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Castella Cake or Soft Sponge Cake adalah 4/5 Persons.. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
Ojust for addition only, the time it takes to cook Castella Cake or Soft Sponge Cake estimated approx 1Hour..
So, this time, let’s try it, let’s create it Castella Cake or Soft Sponge Cake home alone. Stick with simple ingredients, this dish can provide benefits in helping to maintain the health of our bodies. you can make Castella Cake or Soft Sponge Cake use 9 type of material and 5 manufacturing step. Here’s how to make the dish.
Castella Cake is a very soft sponge cake that melts in the mouth and doesn't need baking powder. Ingredients and the process are very simple. You can eat it as such or use it as a base for any other exotic cake. That's why I selected this cake for heritage contest!rn#heritage.
Ingredients and spices that need to be prepared to make Castella Cake or Soft Sponge Cake:
- 4 Eggs- separated
- 1/2 cup All purpose flour-
- 2 tbsp Corn flour-
- 1/3 rd cup+2 tbsp Sugar-
- 3tbsp Vegetable oil-
- 3tbsp Liquid milk-
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence –
- Salt -a pinch
- A bigger baking tray woth hot water
Steps to make Castella Cake or Soft Sponge Cake
- Separate the eggs which should be of room temperature taking care that no trace of yolk remains in the whites. Heat up the oil and transfer into a bowl. Sift the flour and cornflour together and add gradually into the oil and mix by whisking while the oil is still warm. After all flour has been mixed add liquid milk and whisk again.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg yolks and add sugar slowly till well dissolved. Add this mixture to the flour mix and mix well by whisking. Keep it aside.
- In another bowl whisk eggs with a pinch of salt and vanilla essence by an egg beater till foamy and firm peaks form. Now add a portion of meringue to the cake batter and gently fold in. When it is homogeneous, add the batter to the whole meringue. Fold in the batter very gently and slowly with a spatula so that the foam doesn't break and all the fluffyness is lost.
- Line a cake mould with oiled parchment or normal paper and pour in the batter. The batter should leave some space above. Tap the cake tin on the table to get rid of any bubble inside. Fill a bigger baking tray with hot water and place the cake mould in it. Place the tray in the preheated oven at 170°c at the lowest rack. The cake will be ready in 50 to 60 minutes. My one took 55 minutes. Take out the cake tin, dish out the cake after a while, remove the papers and enjoy the super soft cake!
How ? It’s easy? That’s how to make Castella Cake or Soft Sponge Cake which you can practice at home. Hopefully useful and good luck!